A Big Thank You to Antelope Audio Support

Squawk

Minor irritant. May cause a rash.
VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I wanted to take a minute and give a sincere thank you to Andrew, Sam and Plamen at Antelope Audio. They went above and beyond to source out and 3 day ship me a Goliath HD Gen3 demo unit to test out and replace my Gen1 unit, that I’ve been having some issues with. They shipped on Friday, it arrived Monday from halfway around the globe (in the middle of a pandemic no less).

It’s easy enough to post when things aren’t working correctly (and I’ve certainly done that), but they don’t always get credit due behind the scenes when really stepping up to help iron out issues.

I had a nice conversation on the phone with Andrew a few weeks ago, and my takeaway is that he and the current team there have a real passion for their products, and a strong desire to make sure that customers are taken care of, and bugs get resolved. I got the impression that they are sincerely listening to their customers and the marketplace, and are taking positive steps in the right direction moving forward.

I personally have noticed a huge shift in Antelope Audio’s customer support over the last year, and that has left me with a lot more confidence that they do have my back, should any issues arise. This past week has proven that for me.

I’m not saying things are perfect yet, but I wish them much success and continued growth and improvement. They make some great products with unmatched feature sets, tools that will hopefully be a part of my studio for many years to come.

:dude:

I've been running it for a week now, mostly left on 24/7. I still haven't had any lost communication with Thunderbolt, so I'm very happy. I was getting communication drop outs about 4 times per session with the older one. This one seems to be running very solid so far.

That's awesome news, Mr. T! I'm very happy for you, mate.

Sorry I only saw this just now. I've been wondering why I haven't received any email notifications for a month or more, figuring there must've simply been no activity here, but it turns out I was logged-out. Maybe that has something to do with it? Don't know what caused it 'cause I only delete cookies from non-forum sites, but who knows, it's possible I made a mistake...

Anyway, great news, man. Good stuff.

I’m not saying things are perfect yet, but I wish them much success and continued growth and improvement. They make some great products with unmatched feature sets, tools that will hopefully be a part of my studio for many years to come.

:dude:
This! :$$::agree:
My Goliath HD has NEVER functioned the way it should but the sound I can get is pretty damn good.
But, My unit still does not stay connected to the software and IMO that's going to be the downfall of this company.

They've already changed their name once and the amount of "sweeping under the rug" they were doing online and on some sites was very disheartening. They continually attempt to act like nothing is wrong OR that they fixed a known issue, selectively pick who they "help" in threads and on SM, scurry them to the customer support and lock threads/delete posts
Some really good people/customers have already moved on from AA and let's not forget that FIASCO with the "free" afx2daw which was handled horribly.

I'm actually here because I google my issue from time to time to see if there is any progress...nope, but I found this place so hey.
For me, their "solution" is to unplug the unit, wait and plug it in again... a $7k unit and THAT is their fix.
I will use this til the wheels fall off but aorn, never again unless they make a full 180°.

btw, Thank You for posting your ordeal in several places... fantastic information in there.
Is your unit still on point?

This! :$$::agree:
My Goliath HD has NEVER functioned the way it should but the sound I can get is pretty damn good.
But, My unit still does not stay connected to the software and IMO that's going to be the downfall of this company.

They've already changed their name once and the amount of "sweeping under the rug" they were doing online and on some sites was very disheartening. They continually attempt to act like nothing is wrong OR that they fixed a known issue, selectively pick who they "help" in threads and on SM, scurry them to the customer support and lock threads/delete posts
Some really good people/customers have already moved on from AA and let's not forget that FIASCO with the "free" afx2daw which was handled horribly.

I'm actually here because I google my issue from time to time to see if there is any progress...nope, but I found this place so hey.
For me, their "solution" is to unplug the unit, wait and plug it in again... a $7k unit and THAT is their fix.
I will use this til the wheels fall off but aorn, never again unless they make a full 180°.

btw, Thank You for posting your ordeal in several places... fantastic information in there.
Is your unit still on point?

Thanks for posting, and welcome! I'm actually using my 1st Gen Goliath HD, and a Gen3 Goliath HD together. I ended up going back to connecting them via MADI, with the RME MADIFACE XT connected via PCIe to my Mac Pro tower. I was having some issues with Thunderbolt and USB on the first gen. I think I was still having some disconnection issues with the Gen3, which sounds similar to your situation. I ended up just going back to MADI, which was actually a big benefit for me, as it allows me to use 64 I/O per unit at 96k through the RME as the hub/main interface (although I'm back working at 48k now).

Ironically, I'm having a graphics bug right now on both units with the effects section (plugin GUI is cut off on the right side), which I just got a reply from them on to power down the unit, unplug, and hold a couple of buttons on startup. I think this completely resets the software and settings. I'll be trying that later today.

Yeah, AXFX to DAW I don't think was ever implemented on the Goliath units. I always thought that was really odd, but I'm not sure if I would use it anyway...

Cheers.