Universal Audio OX "Amp Top Box" Has Arrived!

Squawk

Minor irritant. May cause a rash.
VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered a Universal Audio OX a week or so ago from Reverb.com. It just arrived! :smile:

I probably won't have time to dig into it until tomorrow, but will post some impressions and eventually some clips. :radio:

Last edited:
Oh man. It requires High Sierra (not a problem), and built in wifi or the latest IOS (problem). All my IOS devices (ipads) are slightly older and don't support the latest version, except my iPhone, which I've been avoiding upgrading as it's an iPhone 5. My computer doesn't have built in WiFi. I connect to an Airport Express via Ethernet in my studio, which extends the main network.

I sent a support ticket to UA. I'm dreading having to give Apple more money and buying a new ipad just to use this... :shock::$gone:

Apple has a good scam, er racket, oops, I mean "business" model going with their forced obsolescence. :robot:

Ok, so I've been negligent in following up on this thread I see :shock:

I know this may sound like hyperbole, but the OX is easily the best piece of guitar related recording equipment that I've ever purchased. It sounds great, is very easy to use and dial in, and works well with all the amps I've tested it with.

The added bonus is that it is also a very good attenuator. It lacks the finer steps that some other attenuators have, such as the Fryette Power Station and SPL Reducer, but to have two extremely useful devices in one unit is a real bonus.

I'll post some clips once I have time here.