Recommendations on Keyboard Controller? Nord, Studiologic, Dexibell?

Which keyboard controller would you pick?

• Nord Grand

• Studiologic SL88

• Dexibell Vivo S9

• Something else...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Squawk

Minor irritant. May cause a rash.
VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a nice keyboard/controller. I'm looking for a nice weighted action, good quality.

Right now I'm looking at the Studiologic SL88 Grand (controller only), the Nord Grand (expensive but nice), and a Dexibell Vivo S9 (also expensive but nice).

The Studiologic is the most cost effective, but I haven't ever played one. I like the 3 joysticks (assignable) and software editor.

The Nord Grand is great. Nice weighted feel, triple sensors. Very expensive though. The Dexibell is I guess the new kid on the block. The feel on the one I tried was nice. The piano sounds are good, but I'm not sure they are as nice as the Nord. The Nord allows you to load sounds from their sample library. Same with the Dexibell, but you can also load sound fonts (do people even use that format anymore??).

I'm really looking for something that is inspiring to play, that will be a good studio investment. However, budget is a concern.

I'm primarily using VI's anyway, but it's nice to have some built in sounds for practicing, working out ideas, etc. without having to boot up the computer.

If anyone has any other recommendations, please let me know!

I don’t know much about it. Maybe @sdfalk has some experience with that one and will chime in...

My experience with the Dexibell was very favourable.
One of the better keys beds in recent memory.
As for the Arturia, Definitely a Grade A controller with a lovely
Fatar keybed ..
Like a lot of things it's very subjective.
I recently played the Nord Grand and loved it.
The keybed is by Kawaii.

Ended up with the SL88 which is awesome. I then recently sold it and bought the Nord Grand :)

The keybed on the Nord kept sucking me in.