Plugin Alliance Mega Sale

Squawk

Minor irritant. May cause a rash.
VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody else getting sucked in by the Plugin Alliance Summer Sale? I was watching their 24 hour rotating summer sale offerings, and picked up quite a few plugins.

I've got more plugins than I can ever possibly use, but this damn sale has drained my wallet this month. :cc: I should probably just block their website on my browser :laughing:

Monkey Man

VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a disease for sure, T.

They do so many great plugins I just can't help myself. :cowbell:

Squawk

VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had 3 plugins in my cart, but wanted to demo SPL iron a bit first. Forgot the sale was ending that night! I ended up having to buy it at full price, but with dynamic discounts, and a coupon from PA. It was still painful though!

Squawk

VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the SHMC for UAD. I really like it. Would love to have the hardware o_O:$:

The Focusrite strip looks cool! Worth a demo. I think that's the first Focusrite plugins I've seen since the Focusrite Red ones for Pro Tools, which were quite exceptional!

I'd love to see someone do a Focusrite Red 3 plugin, the version with the transformers.

Monkey Man

VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
Indeed, T.

FWIMBW the native SHMC plugin has undergone a few enhancements over the UAD one functionality-wise, which is why I said it's the same as the UAD one sound-wise.

Parallel-comp functionality and sidechaining are amongst them IIRC.

Squawk

VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have to say, the one thing that bugs me about UAD is the lack of sidechain, at least on the majority of their stuff if I remember correctly. I suspect it's a limitation with the platform. I'm usually reaching for native plugins for sidechaining.

Monkey Man

VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, at least PA gives you the option of getting that sorted now in the case of SHMC, T.

As a bonus, you won't be "wasting" DSP on it so more cycles will be available for your other preferred UAD plugs.