Plugin Alliance Ends Pick-Pack Rent-to-Own Model. Existing Customers Absolved of Remaining Payments.

soundloop

Administrator - Chairman of the Bored
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
soundloop.com
From Plugin Alliance, July 10, 2019

Hi everybody!

Today we have discontinued our PickPack Rent-To-Own model!

Let me give you the Good News for all ACTIVE PickPackers first:

If your PickPack plan was cancelled by us today - and we have cancelled ALL active plans a few minutes ago - you now OWN all 10 plugins you originally selected in your Pick Pack. Full and unlimited licenses. This one is on us!

No further payments will be deducted from your credit card or PayPal, even if you have just started PickPack recently. Whatever the remaining balance for your PickPack plan would have been, this is our gift to you.

Please note:
If YOU have cancelled your Pick Pack in the past (or stopped paying, which is technically the same), you will unfortunately NOT get your 10 plugins as full licenses. We hope you understand.

Now, why did we stop PickPacking?

Something bigger, more flexible and ultimately better is coming July 15th! A few days ago we have already started to improve the Dynamic Discounts for those of you who love to simply buy plugins, and we have lowered many plugin prices recently as well. So buying plugins will be more affordable in between promotions from now on. Buy 6 plugins, get 60% off any day of the week, for example.

Then - and this will be the main news next week! - we are about to launch a totally new system, which will enable each and everyone of you out there to use large numbers of our titles at really affordable pricing!

We are sure you have seen some of the NEW plugins we are releasing July 15th. Lots of new brands, and a total of 14 new plugins to be released in July and August.

We have seen many of you commenting on social media, worrying about how you will be able to access all of these plugins without breaking the bank. Don't worry, we've got you.

We will present you with the Deal Of Your Lifetime next week!

Over time, our portfolio has grown to 100+ plugins from 28 brands, and we are determined to make ALL of them available to as many people as possible, and as fair and affordable as possible, of course.

Please stay tuned!
Dirk & The PA Team

*EOL = End Of Life​

I was so close to doing the pick-pack after the sale ended last week, but decided against it. Damn, that would have been a sweet score! :weary:

Yup.

I just hope there'll be a rent-to-own option that'll allow us to pick what we want.

That said, as long as the usual sales and monthly vouchers continue, I'm likely to continue to expand my collection that way. An RTO subscription likely won't yield the same low prices but would obviously benefit those who "can't" wait.

I don’t want to be tied to anything like that for 24 months, unless it’s a studio hardware purchase.

Hmm... the emails are rolling in. Not sure what to make of it all yet.

The discount-code offers on the new plugs are pathetic in comparison with what we're used to.

Hopefully the flash sales, assuming they continue to occur, are in the ballpark of where they used to be price-wise. :crossed:

So it looks like they’re moving to the subscription model. I hate that. I’d way rather rent to own. There’s enough monthly expenses without adding plugins on top of it.

It’s too bad. I thought that the pick pack thing was really cool, except for the 24 months.

Hmm... the emails are rolling in. Not sure what to make of it all yet.

The discount-code offers on the new plugs are pathetic in comparison with what we're used to.

Hopefully the flash sales, assuming they continue to occur, are in the ballpark of where they used to be price-wise. :crossed:

Yeah, none of the discounts they offered me were tempting at all!

Yup.

I'm predicting a massive reduction in profit beginning this month for PA. Most folks loved the old model, and few if any appear to be enthused about the sub, especially if it nudges the flash sales out the door.

To me it looks like a decision where greed has trumped common sense. If it ain't broke...

Yup.

I'm predicting a massive reduction in profit beginning this month for PA. Most folks loved the old model, and few if any appear to be enthused about the sub, especially if it nudges the flash sales out the door.

To me it looks like a decision where greed has trumped common sense. If it ain't broke...
My experience with pick pack has been nothing but negative (to say the least ) I had gone for the rent to own model and after a long messy attempt to
switch to another payment method (when I was told the new payment method was fine) they cancelled my plan.
Ummm...wha?
After I enquired as to the the status of my plan, they half heartedly agreed to restart it.
I know longer trusted them and told them to leave it discontinued.
The final email was "Hey don't worry..somethings coming that you'll be really pleased with."
No...No Im not pleased.
After paying into the plan for 12 months, I'm out 10 plugins, and they offer me a discount on renting
there plugins.
If someone purchased the pick pack 2 weeks before they cancelled, does that mean they get all 10 plugins?
Ill continue to use there plugins and periodically purchase others.
I'll never trust their business acumen again.

I feel hard-done-by too, Falkster.

Was on a mission to acquire all their best plugins using sales and vouchers where possible. Did it for 2 years and then boom! Deal of a lifetime (not) comes up in place of the regular sales. Now I can pay to never own. Great. Not. :poo2:

My experience with pick pack has been nothing but negative (to say the least ) I had gone for the rent to own model and after a long messy attempt to
switch to another payment method (when I was told the new payment method was fine) they cancelled my plan.
Ummm...wha?
After I enquired as to the the status of my plan, they half heartedly agreed to restart it.
I know longer trusted them and told them to leave it discontinued.
The final email was "Hey don't worry..somethings coming that you'll be really pleased with."
No...No Im not pleased.
After paying into the plan for 12 months, I'm out 10 plugins, and they offer me a discount on renting
there plugins.
If someone purchased the pick pack 2 weeks before they cancelled, does that mean they get all 10 plugins?
Ill continue to use there plugins and periodically purchase others.
I'll never trust their business acumen again.

I think if you purchased pick pack the day before they cancelled, you would have got all 10 for free! I just about did that, but changed my mind :weary:

I think if you purchased pick pack the day before they cancelled, you would have got all 10 for free! I just about did that, but changed my mind :weary:
Yes..thank goodness I paid for 12 months..only

Well, they're doing their best to squeeze / push us onto the sub model.

30th of the month and still no sales to speak of... :eyeroll: