Logic 10.4

sdfalk

VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
The additional features and functionality is something most companies would call a major update.
It's free..neat

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT203718

Most websites mention plugins, etc, but the apple link mentions far more minutiae.
It's worth a browse..
Nice Note on articulations Torry...(pun? perhaps..aha)

Last edited:
Ha! Perhaps :rolleyes:

:laughing:

So this?
  • A new universal design for controlling articulations provides a consistent interface for Logic and third-party instruments.
So, this sounds interesting. Maybe bringing things closer to Cubase's articulation maps? I guess we'll see.

Of course, today was the day I got so frustrated with Cubase 9.5, I downloaded the Studio One 3.5 Pro trial. and I have to say... so far it is damn good. The way that external hardware is implemented with the "pipeline" is better than anyone else is doing it. Latency calculations and compensation is great for outboard.

And, integrated Console 1! Yes! Super cool. I may be a S1 convert here... we'll see how long the honeymoon lasts...

Ha! Perhaps :rolleyes::laughing:
  • A new universal design for controlling articulations provides a consistent interface for Logic and third-party instruments.
So, this sounds interesting. Maybe bringing things closer to Cubase's articulation maps? I guess we'll see.

Of course, today was the day I got so frustrated with Cubase 9.5, I downloaded the Studio One 3.5 Pro trial. and I have to say... so far it is damn good. The way that external hardware is implemented with the "pipeline" is better than anyone else is doing it. Latency calculations and compensation is great for outboard.

And, integrated Console 1! Yes! Super cool. I may be a S1 convert here... we'll see how long the honeymoon lasts...

As far as Studio One goes..absolutley..their hardware integration (and ability to balance CPU load with plugins) is pretty impressive.
But its still missing (and Im sure that will be addressed) AAF import export (OMF should be dead) the ability to bounce audio with
a quicktime movie..(pretty important) It's getting there though.
..I guess I'm dreaming of the "One Daw to rule them all" Logic is getting closer (for me at least)
Studio One keeps chuggin along though...we shall see...

I should have mentioned you need 10.12 minimum to run it.
I'd stayed on El Capitan for awhile, skipped Sierra and went to a .3 release of High Sierra.
All my third party plugins are updated and things are quite stable.

As you updated to high Sierra, you should give 10.4 a try..unless of course you already have

Updated to High Sierra. As a result, Cubase 9.5 is working much better for me :laughing:

...and a year plus later - are you still together? :laughing:

We're still together for the sake of the children. :smirk:

I'm on Cubase "Pro" 10.whateverthelatestupdateis.

I'm getting some strange random audio dropouts with older sessions (having this problem on a bass track tonight). Duplicating and consolidating the track seems to fix it, but that's a weird one.

I can't do Studio One. As much as I think it has some nice things about it, the performance hit is too great.

Logic Pro X is great, but I can't bond with the mixer interface, and it's lacking expression maps. I spent some additional cash on Audio Grocery's Toolkit, but haven't really bothered to learn it, in all honesty.

I was a logic user for years though. It's a great program, no question about it.

These DAW's all have their quirks and issues...

Have you guys tried out the latest Logic update? Any major improvements or changes?