Josh Smith - Pedalboard Build Videos and Rig Rundown

Squawk

Minor irritant. May cause a rash.
VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm digging this video of Josh Smith's pedalboard build, by Daniel at GigRig. I love Josh's playing, just incredible. So tasty.

This makes me want to check out the Lovepedal Tchula, and a couple other ones I haven't tried that are on his board.

Here's another rundown of his pedalboard:

yeah, who else wants a 'that pedal show' pedalboard?
such cool setups.
been wanting to try the tchula since i saw this...
and for people who arent signed up yet...
lovepedal has a shopify page where you can get a black tchula for half price among a dozen other halfprice and sometimes free pedals...
check it out!

I bought a Black Mamba Tchula last night, along with a Hermida Reverb 3. I missed the freebie though. There's also an Ace Tchula available. I was about to grab one, but I think I'll wait. There seems to be a lot of variants of this pedal, and I don't know enough about the differences.

Supposedly the best ones are the top jack Tchulas? I see the red one on Josh's board has the jacks on the top. Maybe those are hand wired ones? It's a bit confusing.

Yeah, the Schmidt Array pedalboards look really nice. Probably the nicest boards I've seen in terms of function and size. Expensive though, but I'm sure worth it. I've spent so much cash on half-assed pedalboards that I ended up ditching. The SA would be a good investment.

I've already got a Boss ES-8 as a switcher, although the GigRig switcher has more loops and is probably the better system, but costs more also. I think both function in a similar manner. ES-8 also allows you to change the pedal order per preset, which is fantastic!

yeah when i get pedals going again i should look at the es8 they look great
schmidt array! couldnt remember what they were called!
yeah those are my dream boards but looked into it and they are worth a small fortune.

and havent fallen into the lovepedal shopify chasm but hoping to eventually snag another bonetender and srv pedal... great stuff