Black Friday Deals?

Squawk

Minor irritant. May cause a rash.
VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody planning on purchasing anything during the Black Friday sales?

I used a coupon on a UAD plugin during the sale. I'm not planning on spending money on much else this year.

I really enjoy the 20 or so additional emails a day for plugin sales during this time of year though :shock: :robot:

I bought a lot:
- Sylenth1 plugin @ 25% off
- Massive plugin @ 50% off (active until the weekend)
- Soundgym membership @ 50% off (I think)

Wanted Serum but looks like they never have sales
Wanted Nexus2 but damn that's still expensive after the 33% off

Ah, cool. How do you like Soundgym? Never heard of it before, but it looks interesting.

I did end up getting Gullfoss working. I also ended up with a couple of other plugins during the sales, but nothing too crazy this year. I also inadvertently purchased 2 sample libraries that I already owned o_O :rotfl:. Fortunately the companies were great at giving a quick refund.

I like soundgym's idea of trying to game-ify the ear training process. The whole education system should take notes and learn from this. Although each time I get an answer wrong I often literally say aloud "what?!?"

Never heard of Gullfoss before but I googled it. Looks like it does automatic EQing, that's a concept I never heard of before, nice.

Managed to avoid my usual big BF spend that I save for all year. The shipping costs for a 2nd-hand guitar I'm buying from Europe meant that I've had to save just for the shipping since August! The rest of the year's savings went into said Luke II...

Oh well, there's always next year...

I have always thought that Black Fridays are fake, just a way to make people spend more money. And I still think so. I am not against good discounts, though. They are a good way for both businesses to sell something faster or sell something they want to get rid of and for the clients to get something they want. OFC, often these discounts stimulate people to buy things they don’t need just because they are on sale now. Well, it’s another story. If you know exactly what you need, it makes it easier for you to look for discounts on websites that can be called discount aggregators.

Last edited:
I have always thought that Black Fridays are fake, just a way to make people spend more money., you're not wrong...

I have always thought that Black Fridays are fake, just a way to make people spend more money.
Well, post-Thanksgiving-Friday is technically Black Friday, but if you mean fake like it was created by businessmen and corporate owners, or fake like the fiat currency more and more countries are rolling around with... you're not wrong.
(search: "Stock Market Crash Sept 1969")
Don't get me started on that ridiculously titled Monday-after. It screams 90s.

Not wealthy, but I managed to grab Kiive's Tape Face, which is one of the few quality tape emulations in a sea of Lo-Fi crap, Fuse Audio Labs VREV-140, who incidentally developed my go-to tape plugin, Flywheel, and a couple dirt-cheap plugins from PA, Brainworx' A/DA Flanger (for Rhodes/Mark x libraries,) and Vertigo Sound's VSM-3... I'm trying not to blow any of my remaining cash on SPL/elysia, but we'll see.