Anyone using VST VU meters?

Hey Matty! Good to see you here, bud.

Mate, before you plunk down for the Waves one, check out Klanghelm's VUMT. €8.00 EUR.

It has 8 "skins" that're included in the plugin; no need to look for them elsewhere. This is the "Amber" one:

VUMT-DUO-amber.jpg

Creme skin:

VUMT-0-duo-full.jpg

Deluxe version with creme skin:

VUMTdlx-0-duo-full.jpg

The blurb

Painstakingly modeled behavior and recreation of the general ballistics of classic VU meters.
Contains three metering modes: VU, RMS and PPM DIN (Type I)
The RMS mode can be set to K-12, K-14 and K-20 scales and offers an integrated peak bar graph
The Meter ballistics are fully customizable. The VU even has a unique overshoot parameter.

VUMT offers dedicated trim controls to make gain staging easy.

GUI-resizing and various options to hide the controls from the GUI and show the meters only and/or a single meter display.

Eight different skins to choose from. An editable instance label.

Available formats (all included in a single license):
Windows: VST, AAX, Standalone (32bit & 64bit)OSX: AU, VST, AAX (32bit & 64bit), Standalone(64bit)

Deluxe version

In addition to all the features of the standard version VUMT deluxe offers more metering types (BBC, DIN, Nordic) plus various channel tools, such as Mute and Polarity reverse buttons, a monitor section and the following signal processing tools:

HighPass and LowPass Filters, a single band dynamic EQ with various filter types, useful to remove resonances or for de-essing and a mono maker to narrow the stereo image below a certain frequency.

On top of that, each skin VUMT deluxe offers an additional contrasting GUI for the VU itself.

VUMT deluxe costs 22 €.

---------------------------------------

Now, I bought the standard version for €8.00 EUR, and read in my account that I can upgrade to the deluxe one for €10.00 EUR, which would be a €4 EUR saving over purchasing deluxe outright. Otherwise, if not on sale, you'll pay €14 for standard and then €10 if you choose to upgrade.

Product page - marvel at the skins as they fade from one to another:

VUMT Overview

HTH, mate. :jam:

My pleasure, Matty.

I haven't even used the plug yet, but it looks awesome on paper IMHO, is cheaper than Waves, and... there's no WUP!

VUMT is the way to go!

Not VU meters, but I recently picked up one of the TC Electronic Clarity M units.

I like the idea of being able to monitor post 2 buss outboard (before final A/D conversion), or use it as a plugin in the DAW. Just gives some different options.

TC Electronic Clarity M

MAAT Dynamic Range Meter plugin is also a useful tool.