Antelope Products Dropped by Sweetwater!!

Squawk

Minor irritant. May cause a rash.
VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I'd love to know the reasons behind this, but I'm sure there will be much speculation as to what happened. (This would clearly have been a Sweetwater decision, as you don't just decide to "not work with" the biggest retailer in the US.)

Got this email today:

Dear customers & partners,

We would like to inform you that as of June 28th, Antelope is no longer working with Sweetwater.
In our highly dynamic market these situations happen often, they are usually synonymous of change which is positive for either side of the sales line.
What is paramount for Antelope is providing the best products, services and innovation to our customers.

We would like to assure you that Antelope will naturally continue supporting all its existing Sweetwater customers over this transition period and after.
Last week we have launched our new support system available on our website. This new feature was brought in to strengthen our position towards quality and our valued customers.

This system will allow us to respond, track and answer all our customer’s support needs faster and better than ever before, therefore should you have any question or queries please visit this page: https://support.antelopeaudio.com

We thank Sweetwater for their tremendous work over the last decades with Antelope. We shared an amazing journey and achieved important milestones together.
Change is a synonym of untapped opportunities and we look forward as to where Antelope, with its customers, will go in its journey for remaining one of the most innovative audio manufacturers on the market!

Sincerely yours,
Igor Levin​

I've got an email in with Antelope asking wtf..I'm a bit curious myself.

If I were going to speculate, which I am of course :laughing:, I'd imagine there were too many returns, or Sweetwater got too bogged down dealing with support requests from their customers, or having to middleman it with Antelope for their customers...

I imagine it crossed the threshold of being more trouble than it's worth for them to continue stocking the products o_O

If I were going to speculate, which I am of course :laughing:, I'd imagine there were too many returns, or Sweetwater got too bogged down dealing with support requests from their customers, or having to middleman it with Antelope for their customers...

I imagine it crossed the threshold of being more trouble than it's worth for them to continue stocking the products o_O
That may well be...

I do find the spin a bit funny in their email -

"change which is positive for either side of the sales line".
No it's not! How on earth is is "positive" for Antelope that Sweetwater, the biggest US retailer of music gear, is no longer selling their products? On what planet is that true? :rolleyes:

I won't lie, this does worry me. I'm using Antelope's flagship interface, along with starting to use some of their microphone modeling technology. Anything that hurts Antelope as a company is going to potentially affect customers.

This has got to be a hit to their bottom line. I'm hoping that they can make up the difference somewhere with other retailers.

Strange though that many of their products are still listed on Sweetwater's site, including some "out of stock" products, where it's still showing that you can special order it. Maybe they still have some stock in their supply chain?

What can I say, brother?

You've sucked it and seen, and continue to have to suck it and see in order to "justify" your time and monetary investment. I know the feeling all-too well. :crossed: