AI and the music industry as a whole.....

Matty6Strings

VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious what others here think about AI and how it will likely shape the industry moving forward.
I spoke with a few musicians last night and AI came up in passing. None seemed overly concerned which kind of shocked me. I woke up this morning thinking about their cavalier attitude about the topic. Seemed cavalier to me as a recording engineer and producer/ song writer becasue I feel like AI won't take work from me but could definitely crowd the business more.
Fore live musicians, the guys I spoke with last night said one thing that hit me today: "AI can't speak to people and make them feel what the artists strive for in a live environment". The living interaction between performing artists and their audience is what drives bands and keeps consumers coming back to enjoy live shows. Hey, for now that's true. Who knows what the future holds? However, for the rest of the industry beginning with the actual song writers, I am really curious to hear what the current sentiment is among my peers.
Shred the BOT.jpg

The future is coming so we might as well embrace it but what does that look like and how will it affect our livelihood?

We are already seeing the effects. I've watched youtube videos where the music was created with AI. Granted, it wasn't that great, but this is obviously an evolving tech.

I think anyone making money from music should be concerned.