Power Conditioners & Battery Backups

Squawk

Minor irritant. May cause a rash.
VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for suggestions on studio power conditioners. I'm using APC Back-UPS at the moment (the ones with battery backup), but I've had a couple go south on me, so looking for a better solution. It doesn't necessarily have to have battery backup, but that would be nice.

What are you guys using in your studios?

Squawk

VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've ended up ordering 2 Furman rack units (P-1800 AR). Hopefully they will be good. Got them used for a great price!

b0se

VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
Furman PL-8 CE rack unit here. It has the same innards of the PL-Pro DMCE but without the LED display etc. 1/2 the price!

Squawk

VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
:robot: I got mine on eBay for $300 each, looks like they were being liquidated from a company. They had 9 for sale! I grabbed 2.

Squawk

VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got them installed. I wish I could have grabbed 3 now. They seem to work fine. Voltage seems to hover between 117-120 volts, so I guess it's doing its job. I've still also got 2 APC units here that I'm using (BACK-UPS XS 1300). The 19" rackmount form factor is nice though with the Furman units.

Squawk

VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the APC units died on me, so is going to electronics recycling. The Furman units are working great. I'm thinking of maybe picking up a Tripp Lite LCR2400. I've read some good things about those, and they have 14 AC outlets!

https://www.tripplite.com/

b0se

VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like a good unit!