New 2019 Mac Pro!

Squawk

Minor irritant. May cause a rash.
VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has arrived! I forgot how much fun it is to configure all the software for a new system :clown:

macpro1.jpg

macpro1.jpg

Last edited:
To say I'm jealous would be the understatement of the century, T. Congrats man! :heartface::agree:

As you know, my budget is screwed for the foreseeable future, and that machine was the last hurdle to jump for me. So close, and yet so far. :weary:

Thanks MM! Yeah, it’s a huge investment. I’m hoping that it will last me a decade with some upgrades along the way. The one I got is the 16 core, which seems like the best price/performance ratio. At least that’s what I thought.

I almost got the rack version, but I’m really glad that I didn’t. This one is so easy to access, which I am doing a lot while getting everything configured.

Oh, and it came with a free year’s subscription to Apple TV :laughing:

Wuddun, mate.

I agree that the 16-core option is the best for audio for now.

As the CPU prices drop over time, you can upgrade as you please, as you no doubt will. :jam:

The downside is that I had to buy a Thunderbolt drive enclosure, another 4GB SSD, a Thunderbolt dock for USB, etc. I still need more ram. This shit adds up quick! $$ :$gone: :cc::barf:o_O

This computer has been humming along pretty reliablly for the past few months. And I totally forgot about the free subscription to apple tv until I re-read this thread :rotfl:

I think I started looking at what they had and maybe watched one thing then completely forgot. When I watch tv, it's usually Netflix or Amazon...